Koforidua is a city and capital of Eastern Region in south of Ghana. Koforidua has a settlement population of 127,334 people in 2012.
Koforidua is a commercial center for the Eastern region and New-Juaben Municipal district. Koforidua is regarded as one of the calmest and coolest cities in the country of Ghana. The city is home to many businesses, including heavy duty industries. A two-going-two-coming highway road linking Adeiso, Koforidua, to Oyoko serves as an alternative route to reach Kumasi.
You can find your way into Koforidua via a couple of road routes, with the best of all being through Aburi if from Accra. Aside that, you can enter Koforidua from Accra via Suhum and Nkawkaw if from Kumasi or Accra and Nkruakan if from Akosombo. There is no airport or harbor in Koforidua.
Getting to Koforidua is about a 2-hour drive from the capital city, Accra. Koforidua is found in the New Juabeng Traditional Area with a paramount chief and many sub-chiefs. The main festival celebrated by the people of Koforidua is the Akwantukese festival which comes in place during the last quarter of the year.
Getting around in Koforidua is easier by way of vehicular transport, even though riding a bicycle or by foot is possible. Most car transport stations are near the Total 2 and 3 petrol-filling stations in the Central Business District.
- A predominant natural feature in Koforidua is the Obuo Tabri Mountain , which is considered sacred but its scenery serves as tourist attraction
- There are waterfalls in the area such as Akaa Falls and Boti Falls.
- Umbrella Rock
- Fork-like palm tree
- Boti falls have 200 steps underground.
- Boti falls has a palmnut tree with three branches in one tree.
Art works and other design artifacts such as dresses are available locally.
At present, the biggest supermarket in Koforidua is called Melcom. Even though fresh foods such as tomatoes and vegetables are not sold there, many electrical appliances and processed foods are available.
Right in the heart of Koforidua is the central market. One of the market days in Koforidua is Thursday. In the market, all food stuffs, cloth (materials), cosmetics and many other products are available for purchase. Aside the many street hawkers displaying their items in pans on their head or on tables, most traders are found under sheds in the market place selling all sorts of items worth selling.
Not many computer shops are available in Koforidua and most latest electronic gadgets might not be available as and when they arrive in Accra. The well-known computer shop in Koforidua is called I.C.L. (Ike Computer Limited) shop and the biggest phones shop is Ultimate Phones, near the Post Office. Even though smartphones such as the Google Nexus Family are not available in any shop in Koforidua, you are sure to get almost all the latest ones even including Samsumg SII Notes.
There is one big manufacturing company called Intravenous Infusions Limited. They manufacture infusion drugs to supply Ghana and the West African sub-region.
- Linda Dor
- O-Green restaurant, which serves workers at the Koforidua Ministries
- Leesco (SIC building)
- sophisticat (GNAT hall)
- Havilla (Oteng house)
- Chris Cafe (SSNIT Building)
There are local foods such as fufu with light soup or palmnut soup with ‘kokonte’ and other bush meat.
African drinks such as palm wine and drinks such as minerals examples fanta, malt, cocacola, with other fruit juice such coconut juice, mango juice.
Where to stay in Koforidua
- Capital View, Koforidua-Nsutam Road , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. African-style business hotel with 160 rooms including suites, apartments, executive and standard rooms. The hotel is set in tropical gardens, and is located in the outskirts of business district of Koforidua. There are restaurants, nightclubs, shops, markets, fitness center within minutes of the hotel. From GH₵260.
- MacDic Royal Plaza, Medical Village , ✉ email@example.com. A 3-star deluxe hotel, 80 km drive from Accra, beneath the Obuo Tabiri Mountain and surrounded by the Akuapim Mountain range at the Medical Village behind the Doctor’s Bungalow. The hotel offers 40 air conditioned rooms, 5 conference halls, banquet hall, a tennis court, swimming pool, night club, children playground, unisex salon, resident band, indoor and outdoor restaurant bar. Rooms are equipped with wireless internet access, self controlled air-conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, refrigerator, mini bar, and balconies with view to the pool. It is a peaceful place for holiday makers seeking rest and relaxation close to nature and an ideal place for walkers and botanists.
- Echo Guest House, Tafo Quarters Area, Around Waccri School,. A 5-minute walk from Cocoa Research Institute of Ghana. All the rooms are fitted with ceramic floor tiles, TVs, clean bedding, armchairs, and en suite bathrooms. An on-site restaurant serves local and continental dishes and a bar where guests can order a variety of alcoholic and soft drinks. The guesthouse has a large parking lot for guests and security personnel who guard the premises. Echo Guest House is a 15-minute drive from Bonso College. GH₵25.
- Bedtime Hotel (On the slope of the Koforidua Polytechnic dual carriage road). 60 minutes from the airport in Accra. The hotel has 92 rooms, swimming pool, a gym, conference rooms, restaurant and an executive lounge.
- St. James, Nyamekrom, Near Pentecost Senior High School,. Free WiFi throughout the property, on-site restaurant, free private parking. All rooms have a TV. There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. From GH₵80.
- J. Met Hotels, Old Estate, SSNIT Junction, Nyamekrom Road, Sector 2, Plot 2. 1-stsr hotel with 27 rooms. From GH₵90.
Transport Minister Scheuer “Eleven million masks, all junk from China”
Medical protective material is currently a scarce commodity worldwide and that is why the procurement of FFP2 masks for Germany...
Corona crisis: “Can hardly imagine Oktoberfest 2020 in Munich this Year”
Bavaria’s Prime Minister Markus Soder sees the Oktoberfest in acute danger this year because of the corona pandemic . “I...
The Fall of Wirecard, Fraud, Round-Tripping, Money Laundering and the Web of Lies
It is not the first time, now in Germany, already back in 2017 they conducted the same schemes in Singapore...
Irish Police Raid Wirecard’s Dublin Offices
The investigation into Wirecard AG, the German electronic payment transfer company, has expanded to Ireland and should soon hit Wirecard UK’s...
Wirecards Asia-Connection – Christopher Bauer – Carlos & Brigitte Häuser
Wirecard was apparently able to count on a network of ex-employees for its accounting fraught in Asia and now the...
Jan Marsalek Ex-COO of Wirecard AG – Catch me if you Can
Jan Marsalek, former Wirecard board member and COO, is sought worldwide and should be on EUROPOL and INTERPOL during this...
Oliver Bellenhaus, EVP of Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd arrested – Shares collapse on DAX
While the fired Wirecard board member Jan Marsalek is still in hiding, another executive of the insolvent group has turned...
Overwhelmed Indian Hospitals reject Covid 19 Patients
India is now the country with the fourth most corona infections and the country’s healthcare system is collapsing under this...
Shutting down India’s red-light districts won’t contain coronavirus
Closing brothels in India would be a grand but empty gesture. It will only hide the state’s abandonment of migrants...
High number of new Covid-19 Infections in India again
Despite the almost two-month curfew, India once again reports a daily record for infections with the corona virus. The Ministry of...
The Bizarre Life of Jan Marsalek, the Number 2 at Wirecard – Eating Sushi from a naked woman’s body
The name Jan Marsalek now stands for one of the largest economic scandals in Germany. With Wirecard AG, he managed to...
Wirecard Shares on the way of Becoming a Penny Stock !
Wirecard has filed for bankruptcy and the business, or what is left of it, practically belongs to the creditors. Nevertheless,...
Deutsche Bank is considering taking over Wirecard Bank
At the beginning of the week it still looked as if Wirecard’s Bank would also go into bankruptcy because too...
Thousand’s of Payoneer Mastercard Holders still Affected by Wirecard UK and can’t Access their Funds in Pakistan Bangladesh & Balkan countries
Many of Payoneer’s millions of Freelancers have their freelance work paid into the card account, which is easier to open...
Singapore extends investigation into Wirecard Scandal with Citadel & Senjo Group
After IsaanLive reported last Thursday extensively on the Round-Tripping with Senjo Group based in Singapore, the Singapore authorities are expanding their...
English Premier League
|17||West Ham United||31||27|
|20||Norwich City F.C.||31||21|