Sekondi and Takoradi are adjacent port cities; the combined municipality forms the capital of Ghanaian Coastal Plain.
- Takoradi, an important deepwater seaport and Ghana’s first, built in 1928.
The twin cities rose from the sites of 17th Century Dutch, Swedish and English forts and were combined into a single municipality in 1946.
Sekondi-Takoradi is Ghana’s fourth largest city and an industrial and commercial centre.
The chief industries are timber, plywood, shipbuilding and railroad repair. The main railway lines to Accra and Kumasi pass through Sekondi-Takoradi.
Due to the discovery of large crude oil reserves in the western region of Ghana this area has attracted from all over the world.
They are normally found speaking Akan such as “fante”.
New commuter trains runs several times a day between Sekondi and Takoradi and inbetween stations.
- Takoradi European Public cemetery. A number of South African airmen who died in World War II are buried in this cemetery.
- Sekondi-Takoradi Stadium. A multi-purpose stadium opened in 2008 and has a capacity of 20,000 spectators. It is primarily used for football matches and serves as the home stadium of Sekondi Hasaacas FC. The stadium hosted some matches during the 2008 African Cup of Nations.
Most of Ghana’s major banks have branches around the market area.
- 1 Market Circle. Large trading centre and public marketplace criss-crossed with pathways that would rival any maze. There are booths and stalls selling a wide range of goods. On the outside of the Market Circle is a street lined with just as many shops if not more. Muslim money changers (Euros or Dollars), cell phone time sellers and anything else you can imagine. The Takoradi Market Circle is the commercial and economic hub of western Ghana and it covers an area of approximately 1 sq km.
They are normally found eating local food such as “fante kenkey” with fried fish and hot pepper.
- Rockhead (near Market circle). A nice place to relax.
- Africa beach (a beach outside the town). Good destination to cool down and enjoy the surroundings. African drinks are normally found there such as “pitoo” and palm wine.
- Georcia (opposite Mantrac and next to Cape Coast Station).
- SuperStar Hotel (Closer to Takoradi Market Circle). 24 hours.
- Planters Lodge and Spa, Dixcove Road. Built by the British Air Force in 1934, this estate is now a 44 bedroom hotel.
- Protea Hotel Takoradi Select, No 3 Axim Road.
- The Palms by Eagles, No 2 Eagles Lane.
There are hotels with safety security guards in there.
Telecommunications in Sekondi-Takoradi
The local area telephone for Sekondi-Takoradi is 031 if calling from within Ghana.
If calling from another country use the country code +233, followed by 31 followed by the local number. Please note that the leading zero should be dropped when using the international prefix.
- Sunyani, in the Brong Ahafo region
- Kumasi, the fastest growing city in West Africa, home to the Asantehene (King of The Ashanti Kingdom) and the second largest city of Ghana.
- Wa, the capital of the upper western region of Ghana. Wa is bordered by Burkina Faso to the north and the Ivory Coast to the west.
- Cape Coast Town, a small town with a reputation for excellence in education.
- Bolgatanga, between Burkina Faso and Togo. Bolga is the capital of the upper eastern region of Ghana.
- Koforidua, (Kof town), in the cool mountains in eastern Ghana, Koforidua is the capital of the Eastern region of the country.
- Ho, the beaches of the Volta estuary are amongst the best in Ghana.
- Accra, a city of high rise buildings and vibrant night life. Accra is the capital and most populous city of Ghana. It is also the provincial capital of the Accra region.
The Fall of Wirecard, Fraud, Round-Tripping, Money Laundering and the Web of Lies
It is not the first time, now in Germany, already back in 2017 they conducted the same schemes in Singapore...
Irish Police Raid Wirecard’s Dublin Offices
The investigation into Wirecard AG, the German electronic payment transfer company, has expanded to Ireland and should soon hit Wirecard UK’s...
Wirecards Asia-Connection – Christopher Bauer – Carlos & Brigitte Häuser
Wirecard was apparently able to count on a network of ex-employees for its accounting fraught in Asia and now the...
Jan Marsalek Ex-COO of Wirecard AG – Catch me if you Can
Jan Marsalek, former Wirecard board member and COO, is sought worldwide and should be on EUROPOL and INTERPOL during this...
Oliver Bellenhaus, EVP of Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd arrested – Shares collapse on DAX
While the fired Wirecard board member Jan Marsalek is still in hiding, another executive of the insolvent group has turned...
Overwhelmed Indian Hospitals reject Covid 19 Patients
India is now the country with the fourth most corona infections and the country’s healthcare system is collapsing under this...
Shutting down India’s red-light districts won’t contain coronavirus
Closing brothels in India would be a grand but empty gesture. It will only hide the state’s abandonment of migrants...
High number of new Covid-19 Infections in India again
Despite the almost two-month curfew, India once again reports a daily record for infections with the corona virus. The Ministry of...
The Bizarre Life of Jan Marsalek, the Number 2 at Wirecard – Eating Sushi from a naked woman’s body
The name Jan Marsalek now stands for one of the largest economic scandals in Germany. With Wirecard AG, he managed to...
Wirecard Shares on the way of Becoming a Penny Stock !
Wirecard has filed for bankruptcy and the business, or what is left of it, practically belongs to the creditors. Nevertheless,...
Deutsche Bank is considering taking over Wirecard Bank
At the beginning of the week it still looked as if Wirecard’s Bank would also go into bankruptcy because too...
Thousand’s of Payoneer Mastercard Holders still Affected by Wirecard UK and can’t Access their Funds in Pakistan Bangladesh & Balkan countries
Many of Payoneer’s millions of Freelancers have their freelance work paid into the card account, which is easier to open...
Singapore extends investigation into Wirecard Scandal with Citadel & Senjo Group
After IsaanLive reported last Thursday extensively on the Round-Tripping with Senjo Group based in Singapore, the Singapore authorities are expanding their...
Wirecard : The Indian Round-Tripping Scam by COO Jan Marsalek
Was Wirecard’s Indian acquisition deliberately structured to generate round-trip profits through EMIF? Key questions about about Wirecard’s Indian business and...
Wirecard Round-Tripping Scam with Singapore & Luxembourg Companies
As we’ve been searching for where Wirecard’s MCA business is (and the bulk of it looks not to be in...
English Premier League
|17||West Ham United||31||27|
|20||Norwich City F.C.||31||21|
- Mexico3 days ago
Rosarito Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Baja California Mexico
- Mexico3 days ago
Puerto Penasco Rocky Point Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 Sonora
- Mexico3 days ago
Cabo San Lucas Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 Baja California
- Mexico3 days ago
Puerto Vallarta Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 Mexico