Coronavirus: 42 travellers denied entry to Sarawak thus far

9th February 2020 Wolfgang Holzem 0

Of the total, 22 were Chinese nationals, seven from Hong Kong, six from Indonesia, four from Brunei and one each from Great Britain, Japan and Singapore. — Picture via Facebook/ Noor Hisham Abdullah
KUCHING, Feb 7 — The Sarawak Immigration Department has refused entry to a total of 42 foreigners at its visitor arrival screening points from February 1 until 7am this morning, the State Disaster Management Committee on 2019 novel coronavirus said.
In a statement today, the committee said the screenings were done at the airports in Kuching, Sibu, Bintulu, Miri, and Mulu, as well as the Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) border checkpoints at Biawak near Lundu, Sungai Tujoh (Miri) and Mengkalap (Lawas).
“Of the total being refused entry, 22 were Chinese nationals, Hong Kong (seven), Indonesia (six), Brunei (four) and one each from Great Britain, Japan and Singapore. They were refused entry as their passports had shown that they had been to China within the last 14 days,” ..