- IAT Gardone Riviera (Tourist information), Corso Repubblica 1 , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Nov-May Mo-Th 10.00-12.30, 14.15-18.00, Fr 10.00-12.30, 14.15-17.45, Sa 10.00-12.30, 14.15-18.00.
- Ferry pier. Ferries by Gestione Navigazione Laghi connect the town with the most of the destinations at the shores of the lake.
Direct services from Brescia:
- Brescia-Salò-Gardone Riviera-Toscolano-Gargnano-Riva del Garda (S202).
- Brescia – Riva del Garda (S202m).
- LN027. Riva del Garda – Salò – Gardone Riviera – Riva del Garda
- LN005. Salò – Gardone Riviera – San Michele
Travel by train to Gardone Riviera
The nearest railway station is located at the Desenzano del Garda. Take a bus or a ferry from there.
Piazzetta Dalmata in front of the Prioria at the Vittoriale degli Italiani
- Il Vittoriale degli Italiani (The shrine of Italian victories), Via Vittoriale, 12. Apr-Oct 9.00-20.00; Nov-Mar 9.00-17.00; last entry 1h before closing time; Museum d’Annunzio Eroe and Prioria on Monday: Apr-Oct 10.00-15.45, Nov-Mar – closed. An eccentric (like its former owner) estate of an Italian writer Gabriele d’Annunzio after his defenestration in 1922. References to the Vittoriale range from a “monumental citadel” to a “fascist lunapark”, the site inevitably inheriting the controversy surrounding its creator. The estate consists of the residence (house) of d’Annunzio called the Prioria (priory), an amphitheatre, the protected cruiser Puglia set into a hillside, a boathouse with the MAS 96 vessel used by D’Annunzio in 1918 and a circular mausoleum. Its grounds are now part of the Grandi Giardini Italiani circuit. itinerary C (Parco, d’Annunzio Segreto) – 8€; itinerary B (itinerary C + d’Annunzio Eroe) – 13€; itinerary A (itinerary B + Prioria, which is visited only by a guided tour ~30 min.) – 16€; tickets could be bought also online .
- Museo d’Annunzio Eroe.
- Museo d’Annunzio Segreto.
- Mausoleo degli Eroi (Mausolem of the Heroes). Including the tomb of d’Annunzio.
- MAS 96 (Motoscafo armato silurante (torpedo armed motorboat)).
- (protected cruiser Puglia). A military monument featuring a fore part of the former protected cruiser Puglia.
- Teatro (Anfiteatro).
- Giardini del Vittoriale (Vittoriale gardens).
- Valletta dell’Acqua Pazza. A tiny valley with a stream and a path winding along it.
At the Giardino Botanico André Heller
- Giardino Botanico André Heller (Hruska Botanical Garden), Via Roma 2. Mar-Oct 9.00-19.00. A rich, grotesque and beautifully arranged botanical garden. The garden was originally laid down 1912 and 1914 by Arturo Hruska, a rich dentist. In its modern appearance it was opened in 1989, currently it belongs to André Heller Foundation. Perhaps its better to rush to the Vittoriale first and then if you have some energy and time left come to see this garden. €11.
- Torre San Marco (ex Torre Ruhland), Corso Zanardelli, 142. Built at the beginning of the 20th century, in 1925 it was bought by Gabriele D’Annunzio and become a part of it’s Vittoriale. Currently it’s owned by Fondazione Vittoriale degli Italiani. It season a piano bar is opened there.
- Villa Alba, Corso Zanardelli,73. A grand neo-classical villa built between 1901 and 1910. Today it is a convention center.
- Chiesa Evangelica, Via Vittoriale 4/A.
- Museo Il Divino Infante (Museum of the Divine Child). A rather peculiar collection of various statues, carvings and dolls of Bambino Gesu (Baby Jesus). Some people found it amusing.
- Pianobar La Torre (At the ground floor of the Torre San Marco). Summer Tu-Su 10:30pm-03:00am. Piano- disco- bar.
Riviera/ Where to stay in Gardone Riviera
- Grand Hotel, Via Zanardelli, 84 , ✉ email@example.com.
Current Covid-19 Infections in Italy, Lombardy
Timeline of Covid-19 Infections in Italy, Lombardy
Search Library of Italy
La Spezia Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to La Spezia Liguria Italy
La Spezia is a town in Liguria in the northwestern region of Italy. Understand La Spezia is one of the four provinces of Liguria...
Bergamo Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Lombardy Italy
Bergamo is a city in Lombardy, a region of Italy, and the capital of the namesake province. One of the...
Asti Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Piedmont Italy
Asti is the capital of the province of Asti, one of most important wine areas in Italy, and lends its name...
Milan Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Lombardy Italy
Milan (Italian: Milano; Milanese: Milan) is financially the most important city in Italy, and home to the Borsa Italiana stock exchange. It is the second...
Ischia Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Campania Italy
Ischia is the largest island in the bay of Naples and is considered by many to be the most beautiful, (though Capri is considerably more...
Turin Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Piedmont Italy
Turin (Italian: Torino, Piedmontese: Turin), a large city of about one million inhabitants, is set in the Piedmont region of northwestern Italy, a one-hour drive from the...
Florence Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Tuscany Italy
Florence (Italian: Firenze) is the capital of the region of Tuscany in Italy, with a population of about 366,500. The city is a cultural, artistic...
Capri Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Campania Italy
The small Italian island of Capri is situated 5 km from the mainland in the Bay of Naples, a celebrated beauty spot and coastal resort since...
Lake Garda Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Veneto
Lake Garda is a lake in the north of Italy, and the surrounding region. It is a popular holiday location. Browse down...
Bologna Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Northern Italy
Bologna (Emilian: Bulåggna) is a historical city, with around 380,000 inhabitants. Although it is well known by Italians, it is less so...
Oltrepò Pavese Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Southern Lombardy
Though frequently called the Tuscany of the North of Italy, the Oltrepò Pavese in Lombardy is fairly unknown abroad. Tourists pass the area...
Colico Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 at Lake Como Lombardy
Colico (Colic in lariano-colichese) is a city in Lombardy. Located between the two Montecchios, at the border of the provinces of Lecco, Como...
Ferrara Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Emilia-Romagna Italy
Ferrara is a city in Italy. Together with the nearby delta of the Po river, Ferrara has been inscribed on the UNESCO World...
Finale Ligure Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Savona Liguria
Finale Ligure is a town in Liguria of about 12,000 inhabitants. Finale Ligure consists of three formerly independent towns: Finalmarina (Finale Marina)...
Pienza Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Val d’Orcia Tuscany
Pienza is a city in the Val d’Orcia region of Tuscany, Italy. Understand Pienza, formerly the village of Corsignano, was renamed and redesigned as a...
Merano Meran Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 South Tyrol Südtirol
Merano (German: Meran) is the second largest town in South Tyrol with a population of about 37,000 (65,000 including the metropolitan area). A...
Lodi Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Southern Lombardy
Lodi is a city and comune in Lombardy, northern Italy, primarily on the western bank of the River Adda. It...
Lake Como Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 in Lombardy Italy
IsaanLive travels to Como which is a city at the southern end of Lake Como in Lombardy, Northwest Italy. It has...
Verona Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Veneto Italy
Verona is an historic city with a population of about a quarter of a million in north-eastern Italy’s Veneto region. It’s most famous as...
Maranello Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Emilia-Romagna Italy
Maranello is a town and commune in the region of Emilia-Romagna in Northern Italy, 18 km from Modena, with a...