Treviso (Latin: Tarvisium) is a city in northeastern Italy, and the capital of the province of the same name. It is in the eastern part of the Veneto region, north of Venice and south of Belluno. The city itself has 82,399 inhabitants (2020), with about 170,000 inhabitants in the wider metropolitan area, while the province has 795,264 inhabitants.
Treviso is on the line connecting Venezia with Udine. A one way ticket to Venezia is €3.40 for the 30 km and half an hour trip (2017 August).
Treviso Airport is becoming increasingly busy as the main destination for Ryanair, Wizzair, and Transavia budget flights. There are flights to Treviso Airport from Barcelona, Bremen, Brussels. Bucharest, Charleroi, Chisinau, Cluj, Dublin, “Düsseldorf” Weeze, East Midlands, Eindhoven, “Frankfurt” Hahn, Iasi, Kiev, Leeds, London Stansted Airport, Lwow, Malta, “Paris” Beauvais, Prague, Skopje, Stockholm Timisoara and Valencia as well as domestic flights from Alghero, Bari, Brindisi, Cagliari, Catania, Lamezia Terme and Palermo. Flights to and from Treviso Airport are operated by Ryanair, tel. 895 8958989 and Wizz Air tel. 895 895 3322.
In order to get from the airport to the Treviso Train Station (Treviso Centrale), take the line 6 bus, which stops on the main road outside the airport. Tickets can be purchased inside the terminal and cost €1.30.
Treviso is connected through the national highway network
- A4 – Torino-Milano-Venezia-Trieste
- A13 – Bologna-Padova
Many national/regional roads originate in or pass through the city.
Treviso is also connected with Venice through the Terraglio SS13 main road characterized by a beautiful green landscape and ancient villas advisable for easy biking tours and itineraries for cycling holidays.
Chiesa Convento San Francesco
Discovering the city on foot is very easy. The historic center is actually quite small, so you can go around in the narrow streets.
The local buses are ok, but by night there are quite few. Fares are €1 within Treviso Comune and €1.50 ouside.
It is better to avoid driving your own car, as there are lots of one-way streets in Treviso and a one-way ring road around the walled city.
With the local rental bike shops you can make a good excursion at Palladian Villas. Ask locals for the Restera, a nice track all along Sile River. If you are brave, you can reach the Venetian Lagoon.
Piazza dei Signori and Palazzo dei Trecento
On Treviso region you can make an antique villas easy biking tour (some to see only from outside), among the best are:
- Villa Emo
- Villa Maser
- Villa Manfrin
- Villa Avogadro degli Azzoni
- Villa Passi
- Villa Albrizzi-Franchetti
- Villa Palazzi-Taverna
- Villa Valier-Loredan
- Villa de reali
- Villa Cà Zenobio
- Villa Minelli
- Villa Casa Quaglia
- Villa Lattes
- Seminario Vescovile di Treviso, in via S. Nicolò. Ask to go in the “Stanza affrescata” by Tommaso da Modena: on the wall, between others, there is the first monk painted with spectacles in the history of Painting.
- Eat Tiramisu. It was ‘created’ in Treviso, at Ristorante le Beccherie in Piazza Ancillotto. Unfortunately today there is no special place to eat Tiramisu. A Pasticceria near the Train station has tiramisù made with savoyard biscuits, the original recipe.
Local food like radicchio rosso and wine, but it is better to shop in the small towns in the countryside.
Clothes and shoes: outlets are everywhere, if you go to Montebelluna, you will find shoe outlets (Geox, Diadora and so on).
- DiVino Osteria Trevigiana, Via Postumia Castellana, 2 (Quinto di Treviso). A restaurant characterised by typical local cuisine, an exclusive design, a lively and welcoming environment and a spectacular display of all wines, that simply astonishes lovers of good wine.
- Muscoli’s Osteria Trevigiana, Pescheria, 2. 9AM-midnight. An ancient hosteria in a charming place: in front of The island of fishmarket, right in the historic centre of Treviso. Local food include cicchetti, it means finger food and local people drink spritz, a light cocktail with prosecco wine, campari or aperol. €2-20.
- Le Beccherie, Piazza Ancilotto,10. closed Sun evening and Mon. € 28 -39 (2020).
- Al Bersagliere, via Barberia21. closed Sun. reguional cuisine € 30-40.
- Gioja Lounge Bar, Via Postumia Castellana, 2 (Quinto di Treviso). 8AM-midnight. Trendy location with WiFi Internet connection, happy hour 6PM-9PM and lounge bar 9PM-midnight. Live music on Thursdays.
- Osteria al Dazio, Via Cesare Battisti, 48 (Porta Calvi). 9AM-midnight. Nice place in an ancient tower of Dogana in Treviso town,in front of the Russian castle. The Osteria has a beautiful winter garden, and a terrced garden on the river Sile, if the weather is clement,you can seat at the charriot outside. Inside the tower, at the ceiling complete hams hung, waiting to be eaten! Good fingerfood, nice Prosecco and Raboso. Very interesting local place. €2-20.
- Basilico 13. Basilico 13 (Centre), Piazza San Vito, 13, 31100, ☎ 0422549789. Excellent little bar/restaurant in the centre of Treviso with a nice little seating area directly in front. It usually is packed for “aperitivo” Fridays and Saturdays from around 19 – 23. Dinner is also excellent with an emphasis on local Trevigian Cuisine. €3 and Up
Where to stay in Treviso
- Hotel La Meridiana, Hotel La Meridiana , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Relais Monaco, Converted old Venetian villa.
- Bed&Breakfast Appiani36, Viale Graziano Appiani 36 (Palazzo di giustizia) , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. Homestay bed&breakfast at walking distance from the ancient walls of the historic centre of Treviso, free Wi-fi connection, very good cappuccino, 3 km from Treviso Airport, 1 km from railway station. €25-75.
- BHR Treviso Hotel, Via Postumia Castellana, 2 (Quinto di Treviso). Four star business hotel close to Treviso airport, with free shuttle service to/from Treviso airport and Treviso centre.
- Ca’ Maffio Hotel, Via Principe, 70. 14th century country house hotel in the nature park Fiume Sile, few kilometers away from Treviso and Venice. €90-220.
- Villa Stucky, Via Don Bosco, 47, IT 31021 Mogliano Veneto (12 km south of Treviso on S 13) , ✉ info@villastucky, it. € 110-180 (2020).
- Villa Cipriani, Via Canova, 298, IT 31011 Asolo (32 km north west of Treviso). € 210-250 (2020).
- Riviera del Brenta
- Conegliano and Valdobbiadene wine roads
Already eleven Corona Infections at the Pope’s Swiss Guard
In the Vatican, seven other members of the pope’s Swiss Guard tested positive for the corona virus . This increased the number of demonstrably...
Corona measures in Italy – Italy reacts to the 2nd Wave of Covid-19
Italy introduced a nationwide facemask requirement in the open due to the increase in new infections. If you don’t wear...
Lombardy Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Italy
Lombardy or Lombardia is a northern region of Italy, and with 10 million people is the most populous one. Producing...
Lake Garda Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Veneto
Lake Garda is a lake in the north of Italy, and the surrounding region. It is a popular holiday location. [wppress-covid19 display=”card”...
Veneto Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Italy
Veneto is a region in north-eastern Italy, with its capital in Venice. It was an independent republic until the invasion of Napoleon in 1797....
Carpi Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Emilia-Romagna Italy
Carpi is a city in Emilia-Romagna. Carpi could be a nice stop in your trip from south to north of Italy on...
Procida Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Campania Italy
Procida is a small island near Naples in Campania, Italy. Understand Marina di Corricella Procida is the smallest island of the Gulf of Naples, relatively...
Chiusi Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Val di Chiana Tuscany
Chiusi is a city in the Val di Chiana region of Tuscany, Italy. It was one of the twelve cities of the Etruscan League. In...
South Tyrol Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Südtirol Italy
South Tyrol (German: Südtirol, Italian: Alto Adige or Sudtirolo, Ladin: Sudtirol) is the northernmost region in Italy, bordering Austria to the north and northeast, Switzerland to the northwest, and the rest of...
Sirmione Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Lombardy Italy
Sirmione is a comune in the province of Brescia, on the peninsula of the same name in Lake Garda. The Ancient Roman...
Venice Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Veneto region Italy
Venice (Italian: Venezia; Venetian: Venexia) is a sanctuary on a lagoon is virtually the same as it was 600 years ago, which adds...
Barolo Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Piedmont Italy
Barolo is a little city in the Piedmont region of north west Italy. It is part of the larger Langhe wine growing region. It is...
Montepulciano Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Siena Tuscany
Montepulciano is a city in Tuscany famous for its wines, especially the classic red wine Vino Nobile di Montepulciano. The town has gained notability...
Castel Goffredo Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak – Cases Quarantine Deaths Stats
Castel Goffredo has a much older history. The first human settlements date back to the Bronze Age (1800-1200 BC ),...
Castelfranco Veneto Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Veneto region Italy
Castelfranco Veneto (Casteo in Veneto dialect) is between three main cities of the Veneto region, Treviso, Padova, and Vicenza, and is a...
Cesena Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Emilia-Romagna Italy
Cesena is a city and comune in the Emilia-Romagna region, served by Autostrada A14, and located near the Apennine Mountains, about 15 kilometres (9 miles) from...
Lucca Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Lucca Tuscany
Lucca is a city of some 90,000 people in Tuscany. Its long history goes back to Etruscan and Ancient Roman times, and...
Bruneck Brunico Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak South Tyrol Südtirol
Bruneck (Italian: Brunico) is a city in South Tyrol in South Tyrol, Italy. Understand Bruneck was first settled back in the Stone Age. Objects found (such...
Pavia Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Southern Lombardy
Pavia is a city in Lombardy, home to one of the oldest universities in Europe (founded in 1361) and many interesting churches....
Cortina d’Ampezzo Coronavirus Covid-19 Outbreak Veneto Italy
ortina d’Ampezzo, is a ski resort in Italy Understand The most famous, fashionable and expensive Italian ski resort. Even in summer,...