Veneto is a region in north-eastern Italy, with its capital in Venice. It was an independent republic until the invasion of Napoleon in 1797.
- Venice – with St. Mark’s Square, the Great Lagoon, the gondolas on the Grand Canal, Venice’s Carnival together with great architecture, artistic masterpieces, particular narrow streets, the Biennale, the Marine Republic, but Veneto is not only Venice.
- Castelfranco Veneto – is a walled city, with its medieval castle still in nearly-perfect condition.
- Cortina d’Ampezzo – in the province of Belluno, is part of the Veneto as well. A place with spectacular views of the South Tyrol where you can relax and walk in summer and go skiing in winter. The Olympic Wintergames in 1956 helped Cortina d’Ampezzo to become a city known anywhere in the world.
- Padua , the ancient and learned city with its Basilica del Santo that houses the relics of Saint Antonio is one of the major attraction points for millions of pilgrims every year.
- Verona – The city of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. If you plan to go to Verona you should at least try to get one of the rare tickets for the opera in the Arena.
- Lido 10 minutes from Venice, the golden beach
- Bibione – seaside town
- Eraclea – seaside town close to Jesolo
- Jesolo – large seaside town near to Venice
- Quarto d’Altino – situated about 15 minutes, by train, from Venice’s main island
- Valpolicella – world famous wine region north of Verona
- Lake Garda- the largest Italian lake, and a well known tourism destination
Get a map of Venice with the water bus routes. You can see major parts of the city just by getting on and traveling the canals around the major islands.
Just sit in St Marks Square and watch the pigeons, listen to the music, watch the people go by.
The Venetian glass is beautiful.
Be careful about the time of year you go to see Venice. It is under water some times. Planks are put out to walk when the sidewalks are not walkable. If you go the right time of the year, it is a beautiful city and well worth the trip.
Search Library of Italy
La Spezia Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to La Spezia Liguria Italy
La Spezia is a town in Liguria in the northwestern region of Italy. Understand La Spezia is one of the four provinces of Liguria...
Bergamo Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Lombardy Italy
Bergamo is a city in Lombardy, a region of Italy, and the capital of the namesake province. One of the...
Asti Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Piedmont Italy
Asti is the capital of the province of Asti, one of most important wine areas in Italy, and lends its name...
Milan Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Lombardy Italy
Milan (Italian: Milano; Milanese: Milan) is financially the most important city in Italy, and home to the Borsa Italiana stock exchange. It is the second...
Ischia Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Campania Italy
Ischia is the largest island in the bay of Naples and is considered by many to be the most beautiful, (though Capri is considerably more...
Turin Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Piedmont Italy
Turin (Italian: Torino, Piedmontese: Turin), a large city of about one million inhabitants, is set in the Piedmont region of northwestern Italy, a one-hour drive from the...
Florence Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Tuscany Italy
Florence (Italian: Firenze) is the capital of the region of Tuscany in Italy, with a population of about 366,500. The city is a cultural, artistic...
Capri Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Campania Italy
The small Italian island of Capri is situated 5 km from the mainland in the Bay of Naples, a celebrated beauty spot and coastal resort since...
Lake Garda Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Veneto
Lake Garda is a lake in the north of Italy, and the surrounding region. It is a popular holiday location. Browse down...
Bologna Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Northern Italy
Bologna (Emilian: Bulåggna) is a historical city, with around 380,000 inhabitants. Although it is well known by Italians, it is less so...
Limone Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Lombardy Italy
Limone is a town on the edge of Lake Garda. Browse down for full details of the current Coronavirus situation in Lombardy...
Alba Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Piedmont Italy
Alba is a town in the province of Cuneo in Piedmont, Italy, with a population of 30,000. Introduction Alba was inhabited before Roman...
Arezzo Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Tuscany Italy
Arezzo is a town in Tuscany, Italy that was an important Etruscan town. About Arezzo Arezzo’s origins as a place of human habitation...
Lombardy Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Italy
Lombardy or Lombardia is a northern region of Italy, and with 10 million people is the most populous one. Producing...
Veneto Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Italy
Veneto is a region in north-eastern Italy, with its capital in Venice. It was an independent republic until the invasion of Napoleon in 1797....
Carpi Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Emilia-Romagna Italy
Carpi is a city in Emilia-Romagna. Carpi could be a nice stop in your trip from south to north of Italy on...
Procida Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Campania Italy
Procida is a small island near Naples in Campania, Italy. Understand Marina di Corricella Procida is the smallest island of the Gulf of Naples, relatively...
Chiusi Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Val di Chiana Tuscany
Chiusi is a city in the Val di Chiana region of Tuscany, Italy. It was one of the twelve cities of the Etruscan League. In...
South Tyrol Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 Südtirol Italy
South Tyrol (German: Südtirol, Italian: Alto Adige or Sudtirolo, Ladin: Sudtirol) is the northernmost region in Italy, bordering Austria to the north and northeast, Switzerland to the northwest, and the rest of...
Sirmione Coronavirus Covid-19 Holidays 2020 to Lombardy Italy
Sirmione is a comune in the province of Brescia, on the peninsula of the same name in Lake Garda. The Ancient Roman...
- Austria4 days ago
Greed won – Ischgl in Austria has become Europe’s coronavirus breeding ground
- Hong Kong3 days ago
Why does Beijing Risk Hong Kong’s Future as a Global Financial Center?
- Germany3 days ago
Chinese Guest Scientists in Germany are often Members of the Chinese Military PLA
- Hong Kong3 days ago
Tony Chung : First Arrests under new Security Law in Hong Kong