Tourism and child protection
Your travel agent
- Has clear guidelines for protecting children in tourism
- Commits itself and its business partners to comprehensive measures against child labor
- Has signed the Tourism Child-Protection Code and is committed to including clauses in its business partner contracts that make clear the common rejection of commercial sexual exploitation of children
- Trains its employees in their home country and destinations and sensitizes their customers accordingly
- Is actively committed to the well-being of children and young people in the host countries, so that they are not abandoned to exploitation or sidelined and
- Provides transparent information about all measures taken.
Your local tourism provider
- Takes effective measures to protect children from sexual and economic exploitation and informs its customers that sex with children is a crime that is not tolerated
- Does not employ children and works with its suppliers against exploitative child labor
- Ensures fair wages and fair working conditions for adult employees so that their children do not have to work, as well as sound training, especially for young employees
- Ensures, as a minimum, compliance with existing labor regulations and extensive support for minors who are not allowed to be put on the street without their livelihood
- Provides transparent information about the measures taken and draws the guests’ attention to their contribution to child protection.
Set the course before Travel
- Ask before booking your holiday what your tour operator is doing to protect children in tourism
- Inquire about the child protection measures and working conditions in the hotel of your choice before the reservation
- Find out about the situation of children at their travel destination before starting your holidays
- Treat working and begging children on the streets with respect – they have to make a living too.
- Ask on-site how to best deal with begging children. Do you give them alms because they are in urgent need of support, or do you entice them to stay away from school? If in doubt, you would rather make a donation to a qualified child protection project that opens up fair development opportunities for children
- Report observations of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents to your local travel and hotel management
- Show civil courage if you observe events related to the sexual exploitation of children by tourists abroad by notifying the authorities in your home country.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
English Premier League
|16||West Ham United||29||27|
|20||Norwich City F.C.||29||21|
China Urges Citizens to Shun Australia as Virus Dispute Simmers
BEIJING – China is advising its citizens not to visit Australia, citing racial discrimination and violence against Asians, in what...
Spanish LaLiga to resume again from June 10th
The first league resumes play a between Real Betis against Sevilla FC. In the Primera División, defending champions FC Barcelona...
New Covid-19 infections in Iran at their highest
The number of new infections in Iran has risen to the highest level since the pandemic began. The Tehran Ministry...
Travel Restrictions within Sweden to be Lifted
Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said that those who do not show any symptoms of illness can travel within Sweden from...
Brazil’s Opposition Party wants Bolsonaro to be impeached
The pressure on right-wing extremist President Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil increases because of his handling of the Coron crisis. Former...
Covid-19 infection and Cannabis
The novel pathogen Covid-19 can become a danger to all people due to its high infectivity. At the same time, it...
For Hongkongers fearing for their way of life, Britain will provide an alternative
The UK is prepared to change its immigration rules if Beijing imposes its national security law on Hong Kong. ‘It...
Thailand in Crisis – No work without Tourists
The holiday paradise lives from tourism, a dangerous addiction, as can now be seen in the corona crisis. The corona crisis...
China is said to have held back data on coronavirus for days
At the beginning of the corona pandemic, China apparently provided the WHO with a minimum of information. Nevertheless, the WHO...
Three Middle Fingers for the Communists in Beijing
No more cooperation with the supposedly China-affiliated WHO, no more trade advantages for Hong Kong and fewer visas for Chinese...